lostcauz3
Path Finder

TYPEMonthKPI_1KPI_2
GLOBALOct'217624
LOCALOct'214667

I'm searching the table like | search TYPE="GLOBAL" | search Month="Oct'21"

Then i'm transposing the table after  deleting the months field

| fields - Month | transpose header_field=TYPE column_name=KPI

My problem is sometimes when I'm searching something that is not there like Month="Sep'21"

only the first column of the transposed table is coming

KPI
KPI_1
KPI_2

How to show no results found instead of this 1 column table

Labels (3)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| foreach * 
[ eval r=if(<<FIELD>>!="kpi",coalesce(r,<<FIELD>>),r)]
| where r!=kpi
| fields - r
0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You may want to post sanitized code to show how different conditions cause the first column to remain when no data return from searches and filters.

In my testing, the only way the first column after transpose remain when filters  return no data is if the filter like Month="Sep'21" is positioned AFTER the filter to remove Month from the table.  The following table illustrates two code examples that produce different outputs after transpose.  The first one is your desired outcome, the second the erroneous outcome.

1. No table

2. Table with first column

| search Type=Global
| search Month="Sept'21"

| fields - Month

| transpose header_field=TYPE column_name=KPI

| search Type=Global

| fields - Month

| search Month="Sept'21"
| transpose header_field=TYPE column_name=KPI

I do not know what causes the second code to show a first column, but the second code is incorrect in that searching for a field that is explicitly dropped is pointless.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us at the Builder Bar at .conf24 – Empowering Innovation and Collaboration

What is the Builder Bar? The Builder Bar is more than just a place; it's a hub of creativity, collaboration, ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...