Splunk Search

piechart

avneet26
Engager

I want to create two pie chart each based upon the value of index I am choosing. using below two queries

1. index = index1 host=.......| ...

2. index=index2 host=....|

then i want to include both of these pie charts into the same report so that I can send them as alert in the same mail. How can I do that ? tried append and multi search but didnt help.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

avneet26
Engager

it didnt give any results. my concern is how can I generate two different pie charts using these two searches and those two pie charts should be different based on index values(one for index1 other for index2)

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you were trying to use two indexes in the same chart. The chart is a visualisation of the results of a query. I don't think there is a standard pie chart visualisation that produces multiple charts. Perhaps you should submit this as an improvement request.

0 Karma

avneet26
Engager

search index= index1
host=*
source=*logs* username
sourcetype=* | rex "user\":\"(?<user>[^\"]+)" | stats count by user] |
append [search index= index2
host=*
source=*logs* user
sourcetype=* | rex "user\":\"(?<user>[^\"]+)" | stats count by user]

this didnt work for me

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In what way didn't it work? No result? Incorrect results? host missing?

Are these event similar, just in different indexes? Can you use:

search index=index1 OR index=index2
host=*
source=*logs* username
sourcetype=* | rex "user\":\"(?<user>[^\"]+)" | stats count by user

or 

| stats values(index) as index count by user

or

| stats count by user index
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you be a bit more specific about what you tried and why it didn't work? Append and multiple searches sound like they would normally solve the problem, so without further information, it is difficult to advise.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...