Splunk Search

lookup usage in query

sahana
Engager

Hi,

I have a requirement like we have a csv file which has the values of functionid and functiondesc, this file was added in lookup also. I get a value eventid from the logs which is same as functionid. Now,  we need to fetch  the functiondesc of the corresponding eventid. and display it in table.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

sahana
Engager

I was suppose to get functiondesc value using eventid?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That's how the lookup command work (you can alias the field name from the event to be the same as the field name from the lookup)

lookup

Description

Use the lookup command to invoke field value lookups.

For information about the types of lookups you can define, see About lookups in the Knowledge Manager Manual.

Syntax

The required syntax is in bold.

lookup [local=<bool>] [update=<bool>] <lookup-table-name> ( <lookup-field> [AS <event-field>] )... [ OUTPUT | OUTPUTNEW (<lookup-destfield> [AS <event-destfield>] )... ] https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/latest/SearchReference/Lookup

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| lookup csv_store functionid as eventid
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...