Splunk Search

lookup table problem

my_splunk
Path Finder

I have already used lookup table with splunk 4.3 and i have never had problems.
With 5.0.1 i have a strange problem.
I have this in my ../etc/apps/search/local/props.conf file

[mycsv]
LOOKUP-calendar = calendar month OUTPUTNEW my_month

and in ../etc/apps/search/local/transforms.conf file

[calendar]
filename = calendar.csv

where calendar is in ../etc/apps/search/local/lookups

In manager console i have put lookup definition and lookup file objects to global.
At search time i have this error:
The lookup table 'calendar' does not exist. It is referenced by configuration 'mycsv'.

Can you healp me?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

You've put the csv file in the wrong location. It shouldn't be in etc/apps/search/local/lookups, it should be in a lookups directory directly under the app root, i.e. etc/apps/search/lookups.

Ayn
Legend

Did you restart Splunk after editing the configuration files?

my_splunk
Path Finder

This is my updating. I have seen that there are many known issues abouk lookup with 5.0.1 version and i think i found another.
When i use directly conf file (props, transforms) splunk do not find lookup definition, in fact in manager console lookup definition is empty. If i use web interface for lookup creation (i mean manager->lookup and then in order lookup file, lookup defition and automatic lookup) there are no problem.
I tjink this is a bug, how can i report it?

0 Karma

my_splunk
Path Finder

as soon as possible i try this same configuration in 4.3 splunk....

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

I don't know, sorry - your conf looks OK to me.

0 Karma

my_splunk
Path Finder

Sorry, i have wrote a wrong thing in my post.
I have correctly put csv file in etc/apps/search/lookups
So why this error at search time?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...