Splunk Search

indexed_kv_limit Error

surejsajeev
Explorer

I am running a query to parse a two-level nested JSON that takes out only the second level dict and puts it in the form of a column.  The query works perfectly. However, when I run it, I get this error message from Splunk 

This is the query

base search | spath
| foreach *.*
[| eval unknown=if(isnull(unknown),"<<MATCHSEG1>>",mvdedup(mvappend(unknown,"<<MATCHSEG1>>")))]
| fields unknown
| mvexpand unknown
| eval _raw=replace(_raw,"\"".unknown."\"","\"known\"")
| spath path=known| spath input=known | table COLUMN1, COLUMN2,......COLUMN25

"The search you ran returned a number of fields that exceeded the current indexed field extraction limit. To ensure that all fields are extracted for search, set limits.conf: [kv] / indexed_kv_limit to a number that is higher than the number of fields contained in the files that you index."

Could you advise on how I can resolve this issue, please? I am not sure of the no of fields that my query will generate. Any dynamic limit that I can see?

Your help is much appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Increase the limit is limits.conf or try this https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Search/mvexpand-limits/m-p/549178

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...