Splunk Search

how can i change transposed table content ?

sfatnass
Contributor

hi i have a table using transpose to show result.

column | row 1

field1 | value1
field2 | value2
field3 | value3
field4 | value4

how can i use a render if i want to change only value3 by icon.

thx

Tags (3)
0 Karma

sfatnass
Contributor

the icon i need to insert is a country flag.
for exemple :

value3 = US
so i the icon of USA will be added
i have a list of flag country based on ISO 3166-1.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi sfatnass,
I'm not sure to have understood your question: do you want to have an icon instead value not for all rows but only for one?
I'm not sure that it's possible, you can substitute all the values of a column with different icons based on range values.

I suggest to download Splunk Dashboard Examples 6.0 App (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/), there is an example (Table Icon Set (Rangemap)) for your need.

Every way to change values of a column with icons you have to use rengemap command (| rangemap field=Total severe=0-0 low=1-1000000000 default=severe) and add two files to you App:

• table_icons_rangemap.js,
  • table_decorations.css.

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The only way is to create your own js and css.
You can use the example I described below as a starting point.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

sfatnass
Contributor

i know i should to create my own css and javascript but i can't change the other values.
and how what i insert into my javascript and css?
i look about rangemap javascript but this example don't help me to change only value3.
the content of value1 to valueN shouldn't change this is my problem and don't forget i have a search with a command |transpose

also the rangemap accept numeric value for range, and the content of value3 is alphabetic.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...