Splunk Search

grouping and counting rows with respect to 2 values

Andr3A
Engager

Hi everyone, after a search with some eval e rex commands, I end up in a table like this:

ID --- FIELD(1) --- FIELD(2) --- FIELD(3) --- ... --- FIELD(9)
id(1) --- OK --- Alert --- Alert --- OK --- ... --- OK

id(2) --- OK --- OK --- OK --- Alert --- ... --- OK

id(3) --- Alert --- Alert --- OK --- ... --- OK

id(10000) --- OK --- Alert --- OK --- OK --- ... --- Alert

So I have a 10000x10 table where the first field represents an id for the row, while the other fields can take only 2 values (OK or Alert).

I'd like to get a summury with respect to the field ID like this:

OK                 ALERT

FIELD1

FIELD2

FIELD3

FIELD9

Where for each cell [FIELD(i), OK] I have the sum of the OKs in the column FIELD(i) and for each cell [FIELD(i), Alert] I have the sum of the Alerts in the column FIELD(i) ... obviously the sum of each row has to be equal to 10000.

If you have some ideas you are welcome, thx 🙂

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Transpose might help

| transpose
| eval TotalOK = 0
| eval TotalAlert = 0
| foreach "row*" [ eval TotalOK = TotalOK + if('<<FIELD>>'="OK",1,0) | eval TotalAlert = TotalAlert + if('<<FIELD>>'="Alert",1,0) ]
| fields column, TotalOK, TotalAlert

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Transpose might help

| transpose
| eval TotalOK = 0
| eval TotalAlert = 0
| foreach "row*" [ eval TotalOK = TotalOK + if('<<FIELD>>'="OK",1,0) | eval TotalAlert = TotalAlert + if('<<FIELD>>'="Alert",1,0) ]
| fields column, TotalOK, TotalAlert
0 Karma

Andr3A
Engager

It works perfectly, thx for the help!

ps just for Readers: you need to use the "| transpose 0" in order not to limit the number of rows transposed.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...