Splunk Search

convert data in string format to json

AnilPujar
Path Finder

is there any function available in splunk which converts the data in string format to json, which is actually json data but missing quotations.

json payload.PNG

{uiType:Picker,model:{type:field,name:options_for_teams},plainTextMessage:Please select an option from the below list.,uiMetadata:{label:Please select an option from the below list.,itemType:ID,style:list,options:[{label:Create Service Request,value:Create Service Request,renderStyle:data,enabled:false},{label:Report an Incident,value:Report an Incident,renderStyle:data,enabled:false},{label:Check Incident/Request Status,value:Check Incident/Request Status,renderStyle:data,enabled:false},{label:Self-Service Knowledge Article,value:Self-Service Knowledge Article,renderStyle:data,enabled:false},{label:Submit your pending surveys,value:Submit your pending surveys,renderStyle:data,enabled:false},{label:Chat with Live Agent,value:Chat with Live Agent,renderStyle:data,enabled:false},{label:My Pending Approvals,value:My Pending Approvals,renderStyle:data,enabled:false},{label:Password Reset,value:Password Reset,renderStyle:data,enabled:false},{label:View My Assets,value:View My Assets,renderStyle:data,enabled:false},{label:Create An Emergency Change,value:Create An Emergency Change,renderStyle:data,enabled:false}],multiSelect:false,openByDefault:true,required:true,maskType:NONE,totalOptionsCount:10,totalSearchResultsCount:0,paginationBreak:-1},nluTextEnabled:false,value:View My Assets}

added the payload string for reference.

since this payload is in string format, i'm unable to use spath command.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like this - it appears to work with the example given

| rex mode=sed "s/(?<delimiter>[\{,\[]+)?(?<key>\w+):(?<value>([\{\[]+|[^,\}]+))(?<close>[\}\],]+)?/\1\"\2\":\"\4\"\5/g s/\"(?<opening>[{\[]+)\"/\1/g"
0 Karma

AnilPujar
Path Finder

@ITWhisperer Thanks this helped at a certain level, it's adding quotations in some payload data where it contains URLs.

Thank you very much 🙂

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Having said that, you may want to extend it to unquote the numerics

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...