Splunk Search

Trying to ignore a value based on the field

srinivasgowda
Explorer

Hello team,

I am trying to ignore the value "Total" if its concurrent Os_type matches "Linux"

Below is what I tried.

|search DataType=Executive_Summary | search OS_Type=Linux AND OS_SubType!=Total
| chart values(Servers_Skipped_Patching) as Skipped values(Servers_Failed_Patching) as Failed values(Servers_Successfully_Patching) as Successful by "OS_Type" "OS_SubType"

However, as I am also getting the value OS_SubType=Total from OS_Type=Windows.

Please let me know how I may ignore the "Total" only from Linux and not from any other OS_Type.

Labels (4)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| search OS_Type!=Linux OR OS_SubType!=Total
0 Karma

srinivasgowda
Explorer

By using OS_Type!=Linux all other OS_Subtype would be ignore from Linux and by adding OS_Subtype!=Total, Total from all other OS_Type will be ignored. And that is not what I am looking for. I need to ignore only Total coming from OS_Type=Linux

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you try it?

There is an OR so if the OS_Type is not Linux it will get found no matter what the OS_Subtype, or if the OS_Type is Linux, then it will only be found if the OS_Subtype is not Total.

OS_TypeOS_SubtypeFound by search
LinuxTotalNo
LinuxNot TotalYes (OS_Subtype != Total)
Not LinuxTotalYes (OS_Type != Linux)
Not LinuxNot TotalYes (OS_Type != Linux)

Is this not what you want?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...