Splunk Search

To get the list of datasources in splunk

AL3Z
Builder

Hi,

I am trying to get the information how many datasources and endpoints we have Integrated in to splunk.How can we get this information can anyone pls provide me a query to find this ..

Labels (1)
0 Karma

AL3Z
Builder

@gcusello @richgalloway 
Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but the source is where the data begins, while the endpoint acts as the destination or host where the data is either stored or received.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Computer terms can be confusing since they often have several meanings.

"source" is where the data comes from.  In Splunk metadata, the source is the name of the file from which the data originated.  "source" can also refer to the originating server or app.

"endpoint" usually refers to a user workstation, but a specific REST command is also an endpoint.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @AL3Z ,

as I said, with my search you have the list of all data flows (sourcetypes) for each endpoint (host).

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There's also this method to get a list of data sources

| tstats count where index=* by source

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @AL3Z ,

you could use one of these searches:

list of endpoints:

| tstats count WHERE index=* BY host

list of data sources:

| tstats count WHERE index=* BY sourcetype

you can also gave both the information in pone search:

| tstats values(sourcetype) AS sourcetype count WHERE index=* BY host

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...