Splunk Search

Stats per hour?

reedmohn
Communicator

So, I was looking at this:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/205556/how-to-set-up-an-alert-if-the-same-error-occurs-mo.html

Started with that to set up a report showing number of users with more than nnnn events per hour.

I though this query would give me per hour stats, for users with more than 3 events in the respective hour:

<base search> (EventCode=XXXX) | eval login_account=mvindex(Account_Name,1) | bucket _time span=1h | stats count by login_account | where count>3

Instead, I only get a total count for the whole query time period (24hrs in this case), and a listing of users with count>3 for those 24 hrs.

What have I not understood here?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You did the bucketing for 1hr for _time but didn't use it in your stats. Try this

<base search> (EventCode=XXXX) | eval login_account=mvindex(Account_Name,1) | bucket _time span=1h | stats count by _time login_account | where count>3

reedmohn
Communicator

Thanks, that's a lot better 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...