Splunk Search

Splunk search earliest and latest in Splunk search

jaibalaraman
Path Finder

Splunk search 

" EventCode="4688" AND earliest="5/8/2024:10:07:20" latest="5/8/2024:10:17:20 " 

Could you please the time search is correct 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

thahir
Path Finder

@jaibalaraman , your searches return a consistent set of results regardless of the time zone you are in.

0 Karma

thahir
Path Finder

@jaibalaraman search can be in any time zone. can you elaborate your question what you need exactly

0 Karma

jaibalaraman
Path Finder

Hi 

I am trying to use earliest and latest on Date time 

Could you please advise the right format to use , i am not sure the below spl format is correct

Event Code="1234" AND earliest="5/8/2024:10:07:20" latest="5/8/2024:10:17:20

0 Karma

thahir
Path Finder

hi @jaibalaraman , 

You can specify an exact time such as earliest="10/5/2021:20:00:00", or a relative time such as earliest=-h or latest=@w6.

When specifying relative time, you can use the now modifier to refer to the current time.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

apietsch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

According to the documentation for search time modifiers you should be correct. Although example 4 and 5 on that page uses a different time format. Try the format from the examples.

---------------------
Chaos Smoother | Data Wrangler
0 Karma

jaibalaraman
Path Finder

Also the search can be done in  UTC or any time zone'

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...