Splunk Search

Splunk dashboard single value trendinterval time as dynamic

splunkkid
Path Finder

Hello,

I' m currently working on how to make dashboard with our Server's VM Count logs.

Our logs are being collected as daily basis, I'm trying to show the count trend using trellis by data center.

The command are like below.

host=[HOST] index=[INDEX] sourcetype=[SRC_TYPE] source=[SRC]
| timechart limit=0 span=1d sum(vm.count) as VM by center

If I make single value trellis viz with above command, I found the difference of VM count is only shown as daily basis. Like the pic attached.

I want to make trendinterval option value to dynamically change if I click time picker to change time range.

Like, If I change time range to Last 90days, then showing me the difference between today and 90days ago.

How could I make it so?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

tscroggins
Influencer

@splunkkid 

Here's an example that works for me:

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd source=*/splunkd.log* earliest=-90d
| timechart limit=0 span=1d useother=f count by component

splunkkid_single_item_format.png

splunkkid_single_item_trellis.png

splunkkid_single_item_trellis_output.png

By default, it compares the two most recent values (today and yesterday). Is your "Compared to" option set correctly?

splunkkid_single_item_format_90days.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...