Splunk Search

Splunk UI query start and end time

eranhauser
Path Finder

How can one add to the result of a Splunk query running on Splunk UI the time span i.e. the values one can put in earliest_time and latest_time (the earliest and latest time are coming only from the drop down of the time span in Splunk UI)

Labels (1)
0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @eranhauser ... i am sorry, i am unable to understand your query.. 

you are running a search.. Would you like to know exactly when the SPL started to run and exactly when the SPL finished running? or you want to include these values inside the search itself?

Did you check the "Inspect Job" ?!?!

0 Karma

eranhauser
Path Finder

I am going to run my query using a scheduler so I want to record in each event the time span the query used to capture that event

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please run that scheduled search query and then check the "inspect job".. you will get more than you wanted. thanks. 

0 Karma

eranhauser
Path Finder

I need these times in the event itself

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

then you should invent the timemachine, get the results, go back in time and update the results inside the event itself. <bootstrap paradox>

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...