Splunk Search

Setting a queue for dashboards when maximum of concurrent historical searches has been reached

N-W
Explorer

I have a dashboard with several different base searches that is transformative searches. However I get the error of maximum amount of concurrent historical searches. 

Unfortunately we can't upgrade the cpu count or change the role. I was thinking is there a way of making it so that there is a queue set for them so for example when the first 3 are finished the next 3 searches starts. Or set the order of when the searches start and finish?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have each search contain a token that is set by the previous search.  The token could be a result or it can be defined in a <done> element.

<search>
  <query>index=_internal </query>
  <earliest>-24h@h</earliest>
  <latest>now</latest>
  <done>
    <set token="start_search2"></set>
  </done>
</search>
<search>
  <query>index=foo $start_search2$</query>
  <done>
    <set token="start_search3"></set>
  </done>
</search>

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...