Splunk Search

Regex Help to extract fields

Harikiranjammul

Can some one please help with the regex that can be used to view the below event in tabular format.

Event

INFO > 2024-02-02 16:12:12,222 - [application logs message]:

==============================================

Part 1.    session start is completed

Part 2.     Before app message row count    : 9000000

Before app consolidation row count    :8888800

Part 3.     append message completed

Part 4.     After app message flush row count : 0

After app message flush row count     :1000000

=================================================

How can we use regex and get the fields from above event and show them in table like below

parts                   message                                                  count

Part 1               session start is completed

part 2                 Before app message row count          9000000

8888800

part 3                   append message completed

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Before I invest too much time working on a regex, please can you share your events in a code block </>. Also, do your events really have "Part" in them? (Regex matches in patterns and unless the patterns are accurate, the match will not be found.)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...