Splunk Search

Plot graph for previous 2 weekday average

Tester237
Explorer

Hi, I'm trying to plot graph for previous 2 weekday average. Below is the query used

index="xyz"  sourcetype="abc" app_name="123" or "456" earliest=-15d@d latest=now | rex field=msg "\"[^\"]*\"\s(?<status>\d+)"
| eval HTTP_STATUS_CODE=case(like(status, "2__"),"2xx") 
| eval current_day = strftime(now(), "%A") 
| eval log_day = strftime(_time, "%A") 
| where current_day == log_day
| eval hour=strftime(_time, "%H")
| eval day=strftime(_time, "%d")
| stats count by hour day HTTP_STATUS_CODE 
| chart avg(count) as average by hour HTTP_STATUS_CODE

This plots grpah for complete 24hrs. 

Tester237_0-1696400235930.png

I wanted to know if I can limit the graph to current timestamp. Say now system time is 11AM. I want graph to be plotted only upto 11AM and not entire 24hrs. Can it be done ? Please advice

Labels (4)
0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Just to be clear, you are thinking of previous 2-week average by hour of day, not previous 2 weekday average.  Correct?

index="xyz"  sourcetype="abc" app_name="123" or "456" earliest=-15d@d latest=now | rex field=msg "\"[^\"]*\"\s(?<status>\d+)"
| eval current_day = strftime(now(), "%A") 
| eval log_day = strftime(_time, "%A") 
```| where current_day == log_day```
| eval hour=strftime(_time, "%H")
| eval current_hour = strftime(now(), "%H") 
| where hour <= current_hour
| eval day=strftime(_time, "%d")
| stats count by hour day HTTP_STATUS_CODE
| chart avg(count) as average by hour HTTP_STATUS_CODE

Note you cannot have | where current_day == log_day and still get average across multiple days.

Tester237
Explorer

@yuanliu I'm looking for previous 2 "weekday" average. 

Consider, today is "Wednesday". I want to plot avg of previous 2 Wednesday's as a comparison against live data. 

Along with this, how can the search be only limited to the time range selected from the time picker ? 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...