Splunk Search

Oldest and Latest Logs per Index

ssingh5
Path Finder

I would like to see the list of all the Indexes along with the Earliest and Latest Time stamp for the most oldest log and most earliest log stored in that index.

I used following qeuery but i take to much time to provide the resluts, is their any other method to see this information as quick as possible.

index=* | stats first(_time) as latest last(_time) as earliest by index | convert timeformat="%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S" ctime(earliest) ctime(latest)

Tags (1)
0 Karma

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

You could probably find a metadata search to do what you want:

| metadata type=sourcetypes index=main| stats min(firstTime) AS begin max(lastTime) AS end  | eval begin = strftime(begin, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S") | eval end = strftime(end, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")  

For more information, see http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Metadata

Hope this helps,

Kristian

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...