Splunk Search

Is it possible to put a Checkbox (YES/NO) in order to let the user choose whether or not to apply drop-down input choices (addinput)?

skender27
Contributor

Hi,

I have an addinput drop-down selection which applies to my dashboard (as a token).
Is it possible to put a Checkbox (YES/NO) in order to let the user choose whether or not to apply the drop-down choices?
In the sense that if you choose NO, the choices of the drop-down menu are useless and do not apply to the search string...

Thanks,
Skender

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

It depends on how your dropdown selection is used in panel searches. You can have a checkbox with a default value and panel search will have a subsearch to apply dropdown filter based on checkbox value.

A run anywhere sample dashboard is here.

<form>
  <label>ConditionalFilter</label>
  <fieldset submitButton="false">
    <input type="checkbox" searchWhenChanged="true" token="applyFilter">
      <label></label>
      <choice value="1">Apply Filter</choice>
      <default>0</default>
    </input>
    <input type="dropdown" searchWhenChanged="true" token="sourcetype">
      <label>Select Sourcetype</label>
      <choice value="splunkd">splunkd</choice>
      <choice value="scheduler">scheduler</choice>
      <choice value="splunkd_ui_access">splunkd_ui_access</choice>
      <default>splunkd</default>
    </input>
  </fieldset>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <chart>
        <search>
          <query>index=_internal [| gentimes start=-1 | eval sourcetype=if(replace("$applyFilter$",".*(\d)","\1")="1","$sourcetype$","*") | table sourcetype]| timechart  count by sourcetype</query>
          <earliest>-60m@m</earliest>
          <latest>now</latest>
        </search>
        <option name="charting.chart">column</option>        
      </chart>
    </panel>
  </row>
</form>

skender27
Contributor

Hi,

It is exactly what i need.
The dropdown uses a token field and has some static options selections key=value and by default I need it to be appliable (YES check).
If I select the NO checkbox, the dropdown selections (so the token field) ahs no effect at all to the search string.

Should I do this by modifying the xml or by web interface?

Thanks,
Skender

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...