Splunk Search

If my field value name changed, can I still search to chart all the data?

abi2023
Path Finder

my field value name got modify. under network config field name. field value used to be "port 80 blocked"
now it got changed to "port 80 not allowed" 
I don't want to lose my history data. 
is any way I can use SPL to make "port 80 blocked"  and "Port 80 not allowed"  same so I can show in chart all the data.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

abi2023
Path Finder

basesearch | replace "port 80 blocked" with "port 80 not allowed" in network_config 

this SPL change the value

View solution in original post

abi2023
Path Finder

basesearch | replace "port 80 blocked" with "port 80 not allowed" in network_config 

this SPL change the value

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I would be interested in finding out how the value changed, but to change it back, use an eval command with if.

| eval network_config = if(network_config="port 80 not allowed","port 80 blocked", network_config)

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

abi2023
Path Finder

I use if and replace command but when use  

| eval network_config = if(network_config="port 80 not allowed","port 80 blocked", network_config)

after this I do not  see no value for the field network_config.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm not sure how that could happen.  The value of network_config is set by the eval command to either "port 80 blocked" or the original value.  Therefore, if network_config is null after the eval then it must have been null before the eval.

Please share the full query to better help us understand the problem.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...