Splunk Search

I need to add filter to error query into total transaction query so that i can get filtered error counts as well as

Aj01
Path Finder

Hi, i need to add filter to error query into total transaction query so that i can get filtered error counts as well as total transaction in two column with service name 

This below query i am using to get total transaction and total errors

index="iss" Environment=PROD
| where Appid IN ("APP-61", "APP-85", "APP-69", "APP-41", "APP-57", "APP-71", "APP-50", "APP-87")
| rex field=_raw " (?<service_name>\w+)-prod"
| eval err_flag = if(level="ERROR", 1,0)
| eval success_flag = if(level!="ERROR", 1,0)
| stats sum(err_flag) as Total_Errors, sum(success_flag) as Total_Successes by service_name
| eval Total_Transaction = (Total_Successes+Total_Errors)
| fields service_name, Total_Transaction, Total_Errors, Total_Successes

i need to add search filter into errors so that it will only count those filtered errors not all errors and merge this below query into above one in err_flag line

index="iss" Environment=PROD "Invalid JS format" OR ":[down and unable to retrieve response" OR "[Unexpected error occurred" OR ": [An unknown error has occurred" OR "exception" OR OR IN THE SERVICE" OR "emplateErrorHandler : handleError :" OR "j.SocketException: Connection reset]" OR "Power Error Code" OR "[Couldn't kickstart handshaking]" OR "[Remote host terminated the handshake]" OR "Caused by:[JNObject" OR "processor during S call" OR javx OR "Error while calling" OR level="ERROR" NOT "NOT MATCH THE CTRACT" NOT "prea_too_large" NOT g-500 NOT G-400 NOT "re-submit the request" NOT "yuu is null" NOT "igests data" NOT "characters" NOT "Asset type" NOT "Inputs U" NOT "[null" NOT "Invalid gii"

Please help me it would be wonderful, Thankyou

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

According to your first search, whether an event is counted as error is solely determined by a field named level, and only when its value is "ERROR" do you consider the event an error.  Is this correct?  All you need to do is to literally combining this criterion and the filters in the second with OR logic.  Something like

index="iss" Environment=PROD Appid IN ("APP-61", "APP-85", "APP-69", "APP-41", "APP-57", "APP-71", "APP-50", "APP-87")
( ("Invalid JS format" OR ":[down and unable to retrieve response"
 OR "[Unexpected error occurred" OR ": [An unknown error has occurred"
 OR "exception" OR "IN THE SERVICE" OR "emplateErrorHandler : handleError :"
 OR "j.SocketException: Connection reset]" OR "Power Error Code"
 OR "[Couldn't kickstart handshaking]"
 OR "[Remote host terminated the handshake]" OR "Caused by:[JNObject"
 OR "processor during S call" OR javx OR "Error while calling"
 OR level="ERROR" NOT "NOT MATCH THE CTRACT" NOT "prea_too_large"
 NOT g-500 NOT G-400 NOT "re-submit the request" NOT "yuu is null"
 NOT "igests data" NOT "characters" NOT "Asset type"
 NOT "Inputs U" NOT "[null" NOT "Invalid gii"
) OR level!=ERROR)
| stats sum(err_flag) as Total_Errors, sum(success_flag) as Total_Successes by service_name

Note I removed the "| where" command in the first because it is more efficient to place the simple filter as a search filter.  I also corrected a syntax error in the second from OR OR IN THE SERVICE" to OR "IN THE SERVICE".  If any of these changes semantics, make adjustments.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

According to your first search, whether an event is counted as error is solely determined by a field named level, and only when its value is "ERROR" do you consider the event an error.  Is this correct?  All you need to do is to literally combining this criterion and the filters in the second with OR logic.  Something like

index="iss" Environment=PROD Appid IN ("APP-61", "APP-85", "APP-69", "APP-41", "APP-57", "APP-71", "APP-50", "APP-87")
( ("Invalid JS format" OR ":[down and unable to retrieve response"
 OR "[Unexpected error occurred" OR ": [An unknown error has occurred"
 OR "exception" OR "IN THE SERVICE" OR "emplateErrorHandler : handleError :"
 OR "j.SocketException: Connection reset]" OR "Power Error Code"
 OR "[Couldn't kickstart handshaking]"
 OR "[Remote host terminated the handshake]" OR "Caused by:[JNObject"
 OR "processor during S call" OR javx OR "Error while calling"
 OR level="ERROR" NOT "NOT MATCH THE CTRACT" NOT "prea_too_large"
 NOT g-500 NOT G-400 NOT "re-submit the request" NOT "yuu is null"
 NOT "igests data" NOT "characters" NOT "Asset type"
 NOT "Inputs U" NOT "[null" NOT "Invalid gii"
) OR level!=ERROR)

Note I removed the "| where" command in the first because it is more efficient to place the simple filter as a search filter.  I also corrected a syntax error in the second from OR OR IN THE SERVICE" to OR "IN THE SERVICE".  If any of these changes semantics, make adjustments.  Hope this helps.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...