Splunk Search

How to monitor a certain rule from McAfee?

meitarsaban03
Loves-to-Learn

Hi! 👋 

I want to write a query that will show me all the events that jumped because of a certain rule that I set in Mcafee. How do I do this?

thank you 🙏 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

1. McAfee is a brand. There are several products which bear this name (like McAfee EDR, McAfee Web Gateway...); BTW, if I remember correctly, it's Trellix now. You're probably talking about one particular McAfee solution.

2. Firstly make sure that you're ingesting the events from this solution into your Splunk infrastructure.

3. Typically if there is a "rule" which is triggered, event generated from such rule contains the rule identifier in its body. Most often it's just enough to search for this identifier.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...