Splunk Search

How to get data into a KV store in Splunk Cloud from an external source

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk Cloud

We have lookup data that needs to be accessed from Splunk Cloud. This data can either come from an external source, e.g. from curl requests to an external API (a), or from a lookup in Splunk (b)

For (a), this would require curl outbound access - the webtools add on is not Cloud certified and I am not sure if it would be possible to upload this type of command extension

For (b) it means getting a static file daily/weekly to a place where it can be pushed into Splunk.

• The REST API for KV store is not supported in Cloud

So, I was thinking of ingesting the data to an index and then having a saved search that writes to the KV store after each upload. That's a bit of a pain as the upload would count to ingestion quotas and it just seems the wrong way to do it.

Anyone done this before, or got a better solution?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...