Splunk Search

How to get count ?

MG
Engager

I have a table in splunk with  columns
|table _time idx Event_count IsOutlier Actual_outlier atf_hour_of_day atf_day_of_week lowerBound upperBound Email_Alert X X1 outlier_high_index outlier_low_index

I need to check how many times an index appears in the idx column. I can use |stats count by idx. It will give only the columns idx and count. But I need all the other columns as well..

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @MG,

you have to use the values option in the stats command:

<your_search>
| stats 
   earliest(_time) AS _time
   values(Event_count) AS Event_count 
   values(IsOutlier) AS IsOutlier 
   values(Actual_outlier) AS Actual_outlier 
   values(atf_hour_of_day) AS atf_hour_of_day 
   values(atf_day_of_week) AS atf_day_of_week 
   values(lowerBound) AS lowerBound 
   values(upperBound) AS upperBound 
   values(Email_Alert) AS Email_Alert 
   values(X) AS X
   values(X1) AS X1
   values(outlier_high_index) AS outlier_high_index 
   values(outlier_low_inde) AS outlier_low_index
   count
   BY idx
| table _time idx Event_count IsOutlier Actual_outlier atf_hour_of_day atf_day_of_week lowerBound upperBound Email_Alert X X1 outlier_high_index outlier_low_index count

In this way you aggregate events grouped by idx, but you could have more values for each field.

ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

javiergn
Super Champion

Hi @MG , you can use eventstats instead of stats for that as in | eventstats count by idx.

Hope that helps.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us at the Builder Bar at .conf24 – Empowering Innovation and Collaboration

What is the Builder Bar? The Builder Bar is more than just a place; it's a hub of creativity, collaboration, ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...