Splunk Search

How to exclude particular values?

karthi2809
Builder

Hi All,

How to exclude particular values of fields in this query.In my scenario if message having "file not found" so i dont want to show the transactions. below is the query i tried to exclude.

index=mulesoft environment=*   applicationName IN ("processor","api")|where message!="No files found for*"
| stats values(content.InterfaceName) as InterfaceName  values(content.Error) as error values(message) as message values(priority) as  priority min(timestamp) AS Logon_Time, max(timestamp) AS Logoff_Time BY  applicationName,correlationId
| table  Status InterfaceName applicationName Timestamp "Total Elapsed Time"  FileList "SuccessFile/FailureFile" Response  correlationId 
| search  InterfaceName IN ("Test")
And i tried 
| search NOT message IN ("No files found for*")

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The where command does not handle wildcards.  Instead, use the search command.

The values function produces multi-value fields, which require special handling.

Try  this query.

index=mulesoft environment=* applicationName IN ("processor","api") message!="No files found for*"
| stats values(content.InterfaceName) as InterfaceName  values(content.Error) as error values(message) as message values(priority) as  priority min(timestamp) AS Logon_Time, max(timestamp) AS Logoff_Time BY  applicationName,correlationId
| where isnotnull(mvfind(InterfaceName, "Test"))
| table Status InterfaceName applicationName Timestamp "Total Elapsed Time" FileList "SuccessFile/FailureFile" Response correlationId

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

karthi2809
Builder

Actually i am using multiple values in interfacename.And mvfind is not for interfacename .

| search InterfaceName IN (
"ABC",
"ABCD",
"COP")

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I don't understand what is meant by "mvfind is not for interfacename".  The mvfind function can be used with any multi-value field (InterfaceName is multi-valued since it is created by the values function).

The mvfind function can be used with multiple values in a regular expression.

| where isnotnull(mvfind(InterfaceName("ABC|ABCD|COP"))

---

karthi2809
Builder

I just want to exclude the message contains "No files found" .If the keywords contains No files found .We dont to want to show the particular transactions.Saerch command which is used in last for the values from dropdown from dashboard values .So i used search interfacename in last.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The "no file found" message is excluded in the base search.

index=mulesoft environment=* applicationName IN ("processor","api") message!="No files found for*"
---
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...