Splunk Search

How to add a row to a stats chart to display the total number of events with a unique ID?

nfieglein
Path Finder

This is probably simple. I am trying to add a row to stats/chart which displays the total number of events with a unique ID garnered using:

eventstats dc(UniqueID) as MyTotal

The stats will be something like:

search CurrentStatus=Status1 OR CurrentStatus=Status2 | stats count by CurrentStatus
0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Depending on whether you want a distinct count over all events or per CurrentStatus, use either of these:

CurrentStatus=Status1 OR CurrentStatus=Status2 | stats count dc(UniqueID) as MyTotal by CurrentStatus

CurrentStatus=Status1 OR CurrentStatus=Status2 | eventstats dc(UniqueId) as MyTotal | stats count first(MyTotal) as MyTotal by CurrentStatus
0 Karma

nfieglein
Path Finder

I am looking for the total of all events regardless of status and then the total of those just with those stati. There are many other stati, but I am showing those stati in relation to the total.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...