Splunk Search

How can we find out volume of logs queried in Splunk?

kml_uvce
Builder

How can we find out volume of logs queried in Splunk

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What volume do you seek?  Data read from disk, data returned to the SH, data returned to the user, or something else?  AFAIK, there's no good way to measure any of those aside from what's in the dispatch directory and search log (neither of which is indexed).

What problem are you trying to solve?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

kml_uvce
Builder

I am looking for data returned to the SH and data returned to the user,I want to know that how much data is queried(not total but unique) vs how much data is not used or not queried by any user or scheduled search.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that information is not readily available.

I'm still wondering what problem you're trying to solve.  If you want to reduce the data you ingest to match what users search for then knowing the volume won't help.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...