Splunk Search

Distributed Search and Lookups

ruisantos
Path Finder

Hi,

I'm getting an error on my Search Head when browsing for content related to some LOOKUP directives I have in my apps.

The LOOKUP directives were copied from one of the search peers were they are working.

Currently my problems are: - I'm getting an error stating that this lookup does not exist on one of the search peers (true, because that search peer does not required them) - the LOOKUP directives are not working on the search head.

Any ideas on how this can be solved?

0 Karma

Stephen_Sorkin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk should automatically move lookup related files to the search peers from the search head. Is this a script-based lookup? If so, there are some intricacies in getting these to work in distributed, since they may land in a different-than-expected directory.

Could you share your configuration and the general mechanism of operation for your lookup?

0 Karma

gfriedmann
Communicator

What are the intricacies for a script based lookup in a distributed environment? For example, dnslookup.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...