Splunk Search

Dedup within span

erkin
Engager

Hi!

I have an issue with a query and the dedup command. 

| eval service=case(
(method="GET" AND match(uri, "/v1/[a-zA-Z]{2}/customers\?.*searchString=[^&]+.*")), "FindCustomer",
(method="GET" AND match(uri, "/v2/[A-Za-z]{2}/private-customers(/[a-zA-Z0-9-]+)?(?!/)")), "ReadCustomer")
| stats count by service

Unfortunately I have been noticing that my events matching to "ReadCustomer" are logged twice. Therefore I get two events right after each other with a couple of seconds in between, which is polluting my results. I need to somehow duplicate events, which have the same uri and happen within 10s of each other. I was thinking to use 

|dedup uri

but realized that I want to allow the same uri, if it is more than 10 seconds between the events. If dedup could take a span, that would be the optimal way for me.

Does anyone have a good idea on how to solve this? I was also thinking about | transaction  as well but I'm not sure if I can use it...

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

what you have in _raw data? Are those real duplicate events or those real events which really should be on logs?

If those are correctly in logs and there should be "same" event twice, you probably could mark "duplicates" with streamstats adding some count and then removing those duplicate on your stats count line?

see.  https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.2.0/SearchReference/Streamstats

Something like

| <set your service>
| streamstats time_window=10s count as dup_count by service, <other fields to match events correctly>
| where dup_count < 2
| stats ....

r. Ismo 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...