Splunk Search

Can I use a search head in a search head pool to search both clustered and non-clustered indexers?

a212830
Champion

Hi,

I am running Splunk 6.1, using Search Head Pooling. Our search heads currently search indexers that are clustered. I have a customer who wants to have the ability to search their own search peer via my search head, but their indexer is not clustered. Can I mix and match without any issues?

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Should be no issue at all. Just add the other peers (indexers) as Search Peers in the Distributed Search menu. You'll notice the clustered indexers are already defined in there as a result of being a search head for the cluster.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.1511/DistSearch/Configuredistributedsearch#View_sear...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...