Splunk Search

Blocking messages because license is exceeded (Sidewinder Firewall)

Michael_Schyma1
Contributor

The message below is the events coming through on our SideWinder Firewalls (debug messages). I am trying to filter out these messages by t_debug because they are in 100% of these messages. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas of how to get these events blocked.

Nov  8 08:26:07 web.com Nov  8 08:26:06 iwalld auditd: date="Nov  8 13:26:06 2012 UTC",fac=f_acld,area=a_server,type=t_debug,pri=p_minor,pid=2978,ruid=0,euid=0,pgid=2978,logid=0,cmd=acld,domain=Acld,edomain=Acld,hostname=web.com,information="+|acld|DEBUG|MINOR|ACLD|SERVER=DNS unable to resolve 57.220.179.124: Unknown resolver error"

Within my transforms.conf i created a stanza to send the data to null queue:

[setnullSidewinderFirewall]
REGEX= type=t_debug
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue

Within my props.conf:

[SidewinderFirewall]
TRANSFORMS-null=setnullSidewinderFirewall

Thank you guys

Tags (1)
0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The syntax looks basically correct, I'm wondering if the Regex isn't working correctly.

What happens when you set REGEX = t.debug ?

Also, I believe this requires a restart to take effect.

Ref:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0/Deploy/Routeandfilterdatad#Filter_event_data_and_sen...

0 Karma

Michael_Schyma1
Contributor

I have restarted splunk, and when i make that correction or change to the regex, it still does not stop the events from coming through.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...