Splunk Search

Average of session duration

keshab
Path Finder

search SessionID="*" | stats range(_time) AS Session_Duration_sec by SessionID

I got the each session duration using the above command. Now how do I calculate the average of all those session duration??

Tags (1)

hjwang
Contributor

if you only wanna show final result , just

SessionID="*" | stats range(_time) AS Session_Duration_sec by SessionID | stats avg(Session_Duraion_sec)

else if you wanna append to first result

SessionID="*" | stats range(_time) AS Session_Duration_sec by SessionID | append [ search SessionID="*" | stats range(_time) AS Session_Duration_sec by SessionID | stats avg(Session_Duraion_sec)]

Here I think the Splunk should expand some calculating functions to add rows like addcoltotals to summarize the table results. If some of this have been existed, please let me know. Thanks!!

0 Karma

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

just pipe it through stats again

| stats avg(Session_Duration_Sec)

/kristian

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...