Splunk Search

Agent list in OSSEC agent status dashboard is empty

janfabo
Explorer

Hello. Yesterday I installed OSSEC & Splunk on server, and everything is working great, except two small things: OSSEC agent status shows No results found, although on ossec's agent_control -l I can see 12 agents, which are currently reporting. OSSEC agent coverage shows two agents: zeus and 10.10.10.10. How can I see them in this dashboard?
And 2nd thing is a bit trait: IP address of zeus is 10.10.10.10, how to cancel one of them?
Thanx for advice.

Tags (4)
0 Karma

southeringtonp
Motivator

If you can't see the agents, make sure that the agent management inputs scripts are working correctly. The most common issue is that either agent polling hasn't been configured or that it is seeing a password prompt and aborting.

First, make sure that you have configured the agent polling commands in ossec_servers.conf.

Then run the following and looking for errors:

cd /opt/splunk/etc/apps/ossec/bin
./ossec_agent_status.py
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...