Splunk Search

After splunk job failed, we are unable to fetch the every 5 mins history data.

DKR1

@links to members

'search earliest=-10m latest=now index= 'xyz'

(host=abcd123 or host=abcd345)

TxnStart2End| rex "Avg=(?<avgRspTime>\d+)"  | rex "count=(?<count>\d+)"  |timechart span=5m

sum(count) as Vol,

avg(avgrsptime) as "ART" | eval TPS=(vol/300) | table _time Vol Avgresptime TPS | sort_time'

the above query will fetch every 5 mins records so no worries but the issue is if the splunk job failed and run after half an hour for example:

suppose my job last run is 10:00am  and it fetch records until 10:00 AM for every 5 mins spam.

my job got failed at 10:01 am and it will run again at 11:00 am, but in between 10:01 am to 11:00 am data is missing ( so my requirement is I need missing data in the spam of for every 5 mins)

i.e 10:05 data, 10:10 data ...10:50, 10:55 and 11:00 data..

please help with correct query.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

How frequently your Splunk job runs (cron schedule)? What do you do with generated report?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...