Splunk Enterprise

Splunk deployment server GUI bug

skyred5
Engager

Hello!

I have recently upgraded my splunk enterprise servers from 9.1.2 to 9.2.1. I noticed the following web behaviors in deployment server ;

1. When searching for hostname, it takes a long time to load
2. Server class and app for (any) host is not reflecting correctly. This was crossed checked on CLI serverclass.conf 

Wondering if anyone face this issue and if it is a GUI bug.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

deepakc
Builder

With the new version, there are a number of changes, have a look through this doc, in short, you need to ensure a number of new indexes are in place _ds* see the doc and there's another setting in the output.conf of the deployment server and add the new whitelist indexes to the UF's. Try these if it still fails log a support call.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.2.0/Updating/Upgradepre-9.2deploymentservers 

0 Karma

skyred5
Engager

Hello,

Thanks for your response. I have added the necessary configuration according to the article that you shared. But we are still facing this issue. 

The UI loading is slow as well.

0 Karma

deepakc
Builder

If you done that, then best course or action might be log a support ticket, as there could be another underlying issue.    

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...