Splunk Enterprise

MongoDB Upgrade Options to 6.0 or newer

hermitfeather
Loves-to-Learn

Hello!

A team at my organization is concerned with MongoDB 4.2 running on my splunk  hosts and want me to create a plan to upgrade them to 6.0 at a minimum. From what I've read it seems like this is either not possible or a bad idea due to possible modifications that have been done by splunk. Is there a documented way to upgrade to MongoDB 6.0 or newer?

Thanks.

Labels (3)
0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

>>> MongoDB 4.2 running on my Splunk hosts

May we know, if you integrated MongoDB 4.2 to Splunk?

i assume Yes, you have integrated MongoDB to Splunk.. may we know, if you use - Splunk DBX Add-on for MongoDB JDBC https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/7095

Please suggest, thanks. a

0 Karma

hermitfeather
Loves-to-Learn

I don't currently have that add on installed. 

0 Karma

hermitfeather
Loves-to-Learn

Yes I have 4.2 currently.

I haven't used that plugin. I'll take a gander at it.

Thank you

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...