Splunk Enterprise

Minimum Capbilities required for REST search/jobs/export endpoint

DaveyMeth
Engager

I have a custom role which has limited capabilities, including 

• rest_apps_view
  • rest_properties_get
  • search

The role needs to run the following search via the REST API and write the ouptut to a text file on the originating server.

| inputlookup xxx.csv | eval HASH=sha256(<FIELD B>+<FIELD C>) | table <FIELD A>, HASH

I have created a user with the relevant role, and created a token for use in the curl request.

If I run the above search in the UI it works fine, when I run the curl I get a FATAL response message - empty search.

The curl I am using is:

curl -k -X GET -H "Authorization: Bearer <token>"  https://mysearchead.com:8089/servicesNS/<user>/<app>/search/jobs/export -d search='<my search>' -d output_mode=csv > output.csv

So, my question is, which Splunk capabilities are required to be enabled for my custom role to successfully make a REST API call to the search/jobs/export endpoint?

Labels (3)
0 Karma

DaveyMeth
Engager

Forgot to state:  Splunk Enterprise 8.1.0.1

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...