Splunk Enterprise

How to create an alert on traffic drop Deviation?

shashank_24
Path Finder

Hi, I want to create an alert on traffic drop deviation. Something like if the traffic drop by 50% than what was it in last hour or if the traffic drops to zero, then I want the alert triggered.

Creating alert on 0 traffic is easy but that could give false positives as well so I am trying to find a way to alert only if there is a significant deviation.

Is that possible? I have this query at the moment which looks into the incoming requests. I can run the alert every 15 or 30 minutes and want to trigger if there is a deviation.

index=myapp_prod  "message.logPoint"=INCOMING_REQUEST | timechart span=30m count

Best Regards,
Shashank

Labels (1)
0 Karma

shashank_24
Path Finder

@ITWhisperer This was perfect. Everything I needed. Thanks for the help. 🙂

Just one more thing, Is there a way to compare that with same time frame but from last week? For example 10:00 today Thursday with 10:00 Thursday last week?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There is a timewrap command for this sort of thing.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
index=myapp_prod  "message.logPoint"=INCOMING_REQUEST 
| timechart span=30m count
| streamstats window=1 current=f values(count) as previous
| where count / previous < 0.5
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...