Splunk Enterprise

Error dbconnect app using the "MS-SQL Server Using MS Generic Driver" - Port 6666

jotaforense
Explorer

When trying to make a connection with the dbconnect app using the "MS-SQL Server Using MS Generic Driver" drive, it is giving an error and requesting port 6666, but in the connection  string I use port 1433. Does anyone know why this change is happening and how? How do I solve this?
Note: already has a firewall rule created for port 1433

Connection String

jdbc:sqlserver://myhost.database.windows.net:1433;databaseName=mydb;selectMethod=cursor;encrypt=false

Error:
Connection failure reason: The TCP/IP connection to the host myhost.database.windows.net, port 6666 has failed. Error: "connect timed out. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.". Diagnosis: Either the database is unavailable, or the specified host/port is incorrect, or you are blocked by a firewall Troubleshooting recommendation: Make sure the database is running on the server and you or the database are not blocked by a firewall.

jotaforense_1-1699534825576.png

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...