Splunk Enterprise

Can I wrap a column when using a Simpleresultstable

richnavis
Contributor

I need to include sparklines in my results... Is there any way to have columns wrap instead of scroll using this module?. I tried using SideView Utils downstream module to Simple Results table, but no luck..

Tags (2)

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm guessing a bit, but I think if you switch to the Table module, the column labels in Table are allowed to wrap, so if you switch from Splunk's SimpleResultsTable to the Sideview Table module your problem will go away.

And the Sideview Table module does support the sparkline() function in stats, as of Sideview Utils 2.6.5, so you can switch to Table now without losing sparklines.

to be specific, replace this:

<module name="SimpleResultsTable">
  <param name="displayRowNumbers">False</param>
  <param name="entityName">results</param>
</module>

with this:

<module name="Table" />
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...