Splunk Dev

Splunklib.client: request failed session is not logged in

tmontney
Builder

Edit: I am using the correct token, it's my instance that's wrong. This instance is on my local machine for easy development. My other two servers work fine. I moved my app over to my test server, and it works fine.

Building my own rest handler which accesses storage_passwords. I assume I'm using the wrong token? I don't know the structure of "self" here.

import splunk, base64, sys, os, time, json, re, shutil, subprocess, platform, logging, logging.handlers
from splunk.persistconn.application import PersistentServerConnectionApplication
import splunklib.client as client

class req(PersistentServerConnectionApplication):
    def __init__(self, command_line, command_arg):
        PersistentServerConnectionApplication.__init__(self)

def handle(self, in_string):
        authtoken = json.loads(in_string)["session"]["authtoken"]
        logger.debug(authtoken)
        service = client.connect(token=authtoken)
        storage_passwords = service.storage_passwords

Hardcoding the credentials, I just get "login failed". I'm thinking this is related to my other post https://community.splunk.com/t5/Dashboards-Visualizations/Credentials-not-accepted-for-port-8089/m-p.... Browsing 8089, I also cannot log on with any credential.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...