Splunk Dev

Splunk Add-on Builder: Global Account setting retrieval

gballanti
Explorer

Hello,

i'm trying to use the global account variables:

username > ${global_account.username} as tenantID

password > ${global_account.password} as token ID

to build dynamically the REST URL, but seems that the global variables content is not filled

2023-09-13 14:51:12,726 - test_REST_API - [ERROR] - [test] HTTPError reason=HTTP Error Invalid URL '{{global_account.username}}/api/v2/entities?entitySelector=type("{{text1}}"),toRelationships.isClusterOfCai(type(KUBERNETES_CLUSTER),entityId("KUBERNETES_CLUSTER-846D9F2054A407A0"))&pageSize=4000&from=-30m&fields=toRelationships.isNamespaceOfCai,fromRelationships.isInstanceOf': No scheme supplied.

Perhaps you meant http://{{global_account.username}}/api/v2/entities?entitySelector=type("{{text1}}"),toRelationships.isClusterOfCai(type(KUBERNETES_CLUSTER),entityId("KUBERNETES_CLUSTER-846D9F2054A407A0"))&pageSize=4000&from=-30m&fields=toRelationships.isNamespaceOfCai,fromRelationships.isInstanceOf? when sending request to url={{global_account.username}}/api/v2/entities?entitySelector=type("{{text1}}"),toRelationships.isClusterOfCai(type(KUBERNETES_CLUSTER),entityId("KUBERNETES_CLUSTER-846D9F2054A407A0"))&pageSize=4000&from=-30m&fields=toRelationships.isNamespaceOfCai,fromRelationships.isInstanceOf method=GET
Traceback (most recent call last):

The ${global_account.username} has been tested with and without the prefix https://

builder.png

Please anyone can help me ?

vigneshnarendra
Explorer

I have the same issue, Did you manage to find a solution for it?

I right now do 

helper.get_user_credential_by_id(' <id_name>')
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...