Splunk Dev

How to use .splunkrc with Python SDK

jameskerivan
Explorer

Hi,

I have tried to put .splunkrc in my C:/Users/myname as well as the path to my script I am using. With the file in both spots I receive a host is not defined. I am wondering what I am doing wrong? I followed the directions but it seems as my script cant find the .splunkrc file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Karma

i2sheri
Communicator
0 Karma

vkakani60
Path Finder

I downvoted this post because copy pasted the splunk docs, not pointing to the actual problem

0 Karma

i2sheri
Communicator

my bad.

I couldn't find link to these instructions so I copy pasted from README.md file from python SDK. Any ways now I have given the link to github page. Please feel free to provide splunk docs link, I did not find it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...