Splunk Dev

Converting json map into table

queryaslan
Explorer

Hi,

I'm trying out the new Splunk dashboard and the goal is to plot users' database document count over time.

The log contains a JSON map with the top 100 users with most documents.  Since user doc-count differs over time the keys will also differ...

"
userDocuments"{
   "userA
":1836,
   "
userD":1197,
   "userB":606,
   "userZ
":108062,
   "
userE":972,
   "userC
":931

}

I'm having a hard time creating a simple table like this

UserCount
userA1836
userD1197
userB606
userZ108062
userE972
userC931

Any input for a query/changing data structure?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

queryaslan
Explorer

@kamlesh_vaghela sorry for bothering you but how would you add a timestamp column for the table?

| rex field=_raw "\"(?<Users>[^\"]+)\"\s*\:\s*(?<Count>\d+)" max_match=0 | eval t=mvzip(Users,Count) | stats count by t | eval Users=mvindex(split(t,","),0),Count=mvindex(split(t,","),1) | eval time=0 | foreach User [eval time=_time]| table Users Count total _time | sort by -Count
0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@queryaslan 

try this.

|rex field=_raw "\"(?<Users>[^\"]+)\"\s*\:\s*(?<Count>\d+)" max_match=0
| eval t=mvzip(Users,Count) |mvexpand t | eval Users=mvindex(split(t,","),0),Count=mvindex(split(t,","),1) | search Users="user*"  | table _time Users Count

KV 

0 Karma

queryaslan
Explorer

@kamlesh_vaghela  Thank you! The only problem I have is that have another map in the log so it will parse values from the map into the table. But I guess i could solve the by looking for "user" as a prefix in the regex or if you have a smarter solution?

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@queryaslan 

Just add 

| search Users="user*" 

Please check my updated answer.

Thanks
KV
▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一   

If any of my reply helps you to solve the problem Or gain knowledge, an upvote would be appreciated. 

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@queryaslan 

Can you please try this?

YOUR_SEARCH
| eval t=mvzip(Users,Count) |stats count by t | eval Users=mvindex(split(t,","),0),Count=mvindex(split(t,","),1) | search Users="user*" | table Users Count

My Sample Search :

| makeresults 
| eval _raw="{\"userDocuments\": {\"userA\":1836,\"userD\":1197,\"userB\":606,\"userZ\":108062,\"userE\":972,\"userC\":931}}" 
| eval t=mvzip(Users,Count) |stats count by t | eval Users=mvindex(split(t,","),0),Count=mvindex(split(t,","),1) | search Users="user*"  | table Users Count

Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 3.31.11 PM.png

Thanks
KV
▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一    

If any of my reply helps you to solve the problem Or gain knowledge, an upvote would be appreciated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...