Splunk Dev

Authenticating to Splunk cloud causing "Unexpected DTD declaration. Line 1, position 3."

praveenp
Observer

I've created a trial account in Splunk cloud and I am trying to create index using the Splunk client C# SDK and when I try to login it throws "Unexpected DTD declaration. Line 1, position 3."

var service = new Service(new Uri("https://prd-p-8298m.splunkcloud.com"));
service.LogOnAsync("sc_admin", "password").Wait();

I tried to change the port to 8089 as well but this caused "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond." error

Any help on this would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ryanoconnor
Builder

Have you verified that port 8089 is open already? I would check this outside of the SDK first. 

This can be done with telnet if this is windows:

telnet prd-p-8298m.splunkcloud.com 8089

0 Karma

praveenp
Observer

The port is not open.

Got the following message from telent

"Connecting To prd-p-8298m.splunkcloud.com...Could not open connection to the host, on port 8089: Connect failed"

Can we enable that port in splunk cloud?

0 Karma

ryanoconnor
Builder

Yes port 8089 can be opened. You just need to file a support case.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/latest/RESTTUT/RESTandCloud

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...