Security

anyone able to provide details on what the capability edit_local_apps in authorize.conf allows?

Kozanic
Path Finder

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to allow a power user to be able to edit the navigation menus for their own app.

looking through all the capabilities, I haven't been able to identify anything that looks like it would do this specifically.

Found edit_local_apps capability - but can't find any documentation on what it actually allows to know whether this is something I could use.

Not sure if anyone has experimented with this capability and can provide some info about it?

tchimento_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
  1. If you need to perform CRUD operations on Splunk Applications (replaces need for admin_all_objects).
  2. If you need to install ES
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...