Security

What permissions can I give a role that will allow users to share searches and dashboards?

hartfoml
Motivator

I have a role that has access to apps and indexes and I want the searches created by these users to be able to be changed for sharing within the app and with other users in the app. What permission can I give a role (other than power user) that will let users share searches and dashboards?

1 Solution

satya2p
Path Finder
0 Karma

crodgers50
Engager

The base user role should be able to share their searches and dashboards out of the gate. You can adjust the capabilities of an existing (or create a new) role and give it to that user to get a more fine tuned access control by navigating to Settings -> Users and Authentication -> Access Controls. From there you can see the different roles and after clicking into one, you have the ability to see each of the capabilities.

0 Karma

satya2p
Path Finder

Power user

0 Karma

splunkreal
Motivator

Hello satya,

Power role has these capabilities :

embed_report
rtsearch
schedule_search

so I guess embed_report is enough to allow sharing dashboards?

Thanks.

* If this helps, please upvote or accept solution if it solved *
0 Karma

hartfoml
Motivator

thank you @crodgers and @satya2p for you help with this problem. I did some experimenting before I posted this question and could see that Power user is the role that allows the ability to share dashboards and searches but I did not want to give a whole organization the power user function. I was hoping there was one attribute that I could add to my custom role for the Organization so that they all would have the right to share items if they so chose.

Thanks again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...