Security

Splunk does not auto start (boot-start)

hvazquez
Engager

I installed Splunk in RHEL 8.9. I set it up to boot-start, however, splunk does not automatically run after reboot. I followed the instructions within this document.

Configure Splunk Enterprise to start at boot time - Splunk Documentation

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

In RHEL 8.9 you should use this version Enable boot-start on machines that run systemd

And before that you must change ownership of all files which splunk is using to user splunk (or what ever user you are using for run splunk).

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

In RHEL 8.9 you should use this version Enable boot-start on machines that run systemd

And before that you must change ownership of all files which splunk is using to user splunk (or what ever user you are using for run splunk).

r. Ismo

hvazquez
Engager

Ismo,

Thanks for the guidance. The systemd worked.

V/r,

Hector

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What is the EXACT command you entered to enable boot-start?   Saying you followed the instructions on a certain web page doesn't help if that page contains several different methods for doing the thing - we have no way of knowing which you used.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...