Security

Splunk ES fortinet new source

splunkcol
Builder

Hello,

I was given the administration of a Splunk Enterprise Security and I am not familiarized, I have always used manual queries from "Search & reporting" I have the knowledge level of Fundamentals 1 and 2.

Splunk ES currently works and I can see noticeable events from paloalto firewalls but recently configured fortinet logs and these are already coming in under an index called fortinet, when doing a normal query with index=fortinet I can see events but I see nothing from Splunk ES.

Exactly what do I need to do to get the fortinet events to be taken into account by Splunk ES and start logging notable events?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I strongly encourage you to take the free Using Splunk ES (Using Splunk Enterprise Security ) and the (not free) Administering Splunk ES (Administering Splunk Enterprise Security ) courses.

ES uses correlation searches to create notable events.  A CS is like a saved search, but will a few added attributes.  You can create a CS in ES by going to Configuration->Content Management and clicking on the New Correlation Search button.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...

Updated Data Management and AWS GDI Inventory in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to Data Management and Infrastructure Inventory for AWS. The Data Management page, ...