Security

How to manage Windows "Server Certificate Hostname Validation"

dokaas_2
Communicator

When deploying apps with the deployment server, I receive the following warning:

"Server Certificate Hostname Validation is disabled. Please see server.conf/[sslConfig]/cliVerifyServerName for details..."

It appears as though Splunk wants host certificates for authentication on all deployment clients.  With over 10K Windows systems, generating PEM formatted certificates for use in Splunk seems onerous.  Does anyone have a solution for how to manage this?  It would seem that the Splunk UF for Windows should be able to read the Windows certificate store for this authentication, but I've not found that solution.

Labels (1)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...